West HQ CEO, Richard Errington, has today been awarded the Leadership Prize for Innovation and Reputation at the 2019 Western Sydney Leadership Dialogue’s Out There Summit.
The Western Sydney Leadership Dialogue is a not-for-profit community initiative designed to give voice to the dynamic region and boost its social and economic progress, with the Out There Summit as the flagship event.
In front of some of Australia’s most recognised leaders including Former NSW Premier, Hon. Bob Carr; Greater Sydney Commission Chief, Commissioner Lucy Turnbull AO; and NSW Education Minister, Hon. Sarah Mitchell, Errington was presented with the award in acknowledgment of his determination for driving reputational change through the establishment of West HQ ¬– including Sydney Coliseum Theatre – as a key partner in the inaugural NAB RunWest, and for his role in regional branding.
“We place high value on our responsibility to constantly improve our facilities and venues to strengthen the social connection between people and the place they gather,” said Mr Errington.
“This award is a recognition of that value and I’m honoured to accept it,” he concluded.
Other winners announced include:
• Dr Aniss Chami, Leadership Prize for Corporate Achievement
• Phil Gould AM, Leadership Prize for Regional Advocacy
• Dorothy Hoddinott AO, Leadership Prize for Community Advocacy
• Usman Iftikhar, Leadership Prize for Entrepreneurial Achievement
• Billie Sankovic, CEO, Western Sydney Community Forum, Leadership Prize
• Kevin Young, Managing Director, Sydney Water, Leadership Prize for Sustainability and Collaboration, and the Pemulwuy Prize
For more information or a full run-down of all the award winners visit www.westernsydney.org.au
Sign up to our monthly newsletter to stay up to date with exciting news and information