What are ClubGRANTS?
ClubGRANTS are designed to ensure that larger registered clubs in NSW contribute to the provision of front-line services to their local communities; and to ensure the disadvantaged in the community are better positioned to benefit from the substantial contributions made by those clubs. ClubGRANTS also facilitates contributions by larger clubs towards infrastructure to support sporting, health, and community activities.
Under The Gaming Machine Tax Act 2001, a distinction is made between three classes of ClubGRANTS expenditure:
- Category 1: Expenditure on specific community welfare and social services, community development, community health services and employment assistance activities. Category 1 is administered by Blacktown City Council.
- Category 2: Expenditure on other community development and support services. Category 2 is administered by West HQ.
- Category 3: Contributions by clubs to the ClubGRANTS Fund. Category 3 is administered by the NSW Government.
Who can apply?
Individuals and organisations who would like to find out if they are eligible to apply for ClubGRANTS should refer to the Clubs NSW website.
West HQ administers ClubGRANTS online. To submit an online application, eligible individuals and organisations first need to create an account.
Once an account has been created, individuals and organisations will be able to submit applications for the ClubGRANTS year ended 31 August 2021 through hyperlinks that will be available on this website. Applications are traditionally not approved until the end of the ClubGRANTS year when West HQ is able to reliably measure the size of the ClubGRANTS pool available to distribute.
How and when to apply?
- Category 1: Applications open 9 am Monday 5 April 2021 and close at 4 pm Friday 30 April 2021. To apply click here.
- Category 2: Applications open Monday 3 May 2021 and close Friday 30 June 2021. Please visit this page again on Monday 3 May 2021 if you would like to submit an application.
Successful applicants for both Category 1 and Category 2 ClubGRANTS expenditure will be notified no later than Friday 30 July 2021.
Previous ClubGRANTS recipients